Where physical, emotional and spiritual health meet
Our physical, emotional and spiritual health are our true wealth. In a time of great transitions as well as in normal life, the need to learn what creates physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing is vital.
We carry in us the ability to liberate the sources of our wellbeing. To do it, we need an education which is not just informative but also transformative. Today the necessary knowledge and wisdom are more available than ever.
The workshops and trainings in bodymind Intelligence are a true meeting of East and West, making the bridge between modern western bodymind techniques, the intelligence of the heart and science, ancient healing techniques and the wisdom of the East.
Today, science has proven that the key factors in healing are the energetic reality of love - i.e. consciousness- combined with modern bodymind therapy and ancient healing techniques. For this the training includes from the beginning these three aspects.
It is a valuable personal growth process and a rich professional methodology. The basic principles and techniques of this training program can be applied to therapeutic situations as well as to many aspects of our daily life. Some workshops are open to all, which means that they can be taken as individual units of study. People from all walks of life have found past training sessions useful, experiencing remarkable improvements in their physical, emotional and spiritual lives. See testimonials below.
It can help you
- learn to deal more consciously with physical, psychosomatic and emotional tensions.
- use precise and highly effective tools that relieve such body pain and tension as backache, headache, insomnia, anxiety and emotional stress.
- be more in contact with the intelligence of their bodymind, developing a more intimate partnership with this “higher” intelligence.
- bring sense and sensitivity to their experience and rediscover a deep reverence and joy for life.
Who is this program for?
- would like to learn about the innate intelligence of their bodymind as well as practical “hands-on” techniques that promote health and wellness for oneself and others.
- feel the need to change their lifestyle and improve treir wellbeing.
- desire to work as facilitators or caregivers, professionally or personally, helping others and contributing to the evolution of consciousness.
- are a health-care professional, a social worker, a teacher or work in human resources or in any of the helping and educational professions.
The objectives of the Training Program in Bodymind Intelligence are:
- to discover the innate healing powers of their bodymind intelligence, to develop a quality of presence and to tap into their own sources of wellbeing and even sacredness.
- to foster an intimate, rooted partnership with their body and a profound development of their perceptions and feelings.
- to connect the intelligence of the heart with science both Oriental and Occidental.
Experience an ‘opening of the heart’ by transforming their ideals and beliefs into authentic consciousness. Out of this consciousness comes an enrichment and a deepening of our physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Each of the four levels is a complete unit and can be taken on its own. For professional certification, the necessary practice hours are required.
- Module I: Basic course: Part one and two: 5 days,
- Module II: A deeper exploration of bodymind therapy, 6 days
- Module III: Practitioner Training: 25 days plus 190 practice hours for professional certification, (Practitioner certificate), including module I and II.
- OPTIONAL: Module IV: Therapist Training: 25 days plus 150 practice hours for professional certification (Therapist certificate), plus module I, II, and III.
The first year’s work is based on various topics, the 5 elements and meridians and can be taken as a personal training program. The second year is oriented towards the development of themes and skills, practice and supervision.
Module 1 : Basic Training in Bodymind Intelligence
We explore the benefits of our bodymind intelligence, body language, touch, acupressure, meditation and the healing powers of our hearts. We will learn many highly effective techniques to release physical and emotional tensions and balance our energies.
You will learn:
- The art and psychology of touch
- The effectiveness of bodymind and energy work
- To connect with the heart and develop their intuition
- Taoist philosophy. The theory of the five elements according to Chinese medicine.
- Taoist – and Jin Shin acupressure, Zen shiatsu and meridian massage to release physical and emotional tensions and to balance the bodymind..
The training also includes:
- Basic techniques of bodymind therapy, such as working with body awareness, bodylanguage, expression, breathing, voice, etc..
- Principles of the segmental neo-reichian therapy approach. Work with 'muscular armoring' and emotional release
- An introduction to Taoist philosophy, Chinese medicine and the meridians
- Working with the "Wood element" of Chinese medicine: the meridians of Liver and Gallbladder and their physical, energetic and emotional implications, like ease of affirmation or control and anger; physically: headaches, shoulder problems general stiffness, Pms and certain sleeping disorders
- Basic counseling skills in bodymind work
- Meditation and Qi Gong exercises
You will be able to alleviate certain problems like:
- Problems related with the element wood (liver and gallbladder meridian) like sore back, neck, head and hipps, stiff body, wandering pains, arthritis etc.
- and get a better understanding and managing of emotional and psychosomatic problems such as anger, depression, lack of affirmation, perfectionism, moodswings, PMS, fybromalgia, etc.
We will put an emphasis on hands-on practice, so that you can appreciate the effectiveness of the work right from the start.
Module 2 : A deeper exploration of Bodymind Intelligence and Therapy
What we put ‘behind us’: the back and other problems
This training is a deeper exploration and teaching of the work with our bodymind intelligence.
The training includes:
- The physical, psychological, psychosomatic and energetic aspects of the human being,
- The understanding and working with segments and the psychophysical armoring of the bodymind (the teachings of Wilhelm Reich and Bioenergetic Analysis)
- The development of an intuition from the heart,
- Work with the ‘Water element’ of Chinese medicine, including the physical, energetic, psychosomatic, emotional and psychological aspects of the kidney and bladder meridians,
- Accurate assessment and work with the back and back problems,
- Jin Shin- and Taoist bodymind acupressure, deep massage, counseling and bodymind skills to release repressed emotions and balance the bodymind,
- Daily meditations will be integral and important part of the training,
The training is complete in itself.
Module 3 : Practitioner Training
Theory and approach
- Taoism, maps of consciousness and theories of modern body-oriented psychotherapy.
- Powers and laws of the five elements in Chinese medicine and the psychic forces involved.
- Meridians and their physical, psychological and energy aspects. The extraordinary meridians.
- Body segments and muscular armouring in the neo-Reichian approach.
- Stress, burnout and illness. The meaning of suffering. The path of inner healing.
- The heart as a doorway to transformation. The heart, the greatest healer. The heart and the immune system. The intuitive healing powers of the heart.
Techniques for body-energywork and bodymind therapy
- Body awareness, body language and expression, conscious breath work
- Principles of neo-Reichian work.
- Counselling techniques and the space of ‘being’.
- The touch of presence and deep tissue massage.
- Taoist acupressure and meridian massage.
- Basic techniques of bodymind therapy.
- The channels of perception according to Arnold Mindell.
- The experience of the transformative intelligence of the heart. Recognizing the space of synchronicity. Development of intuitive competence.
- Body-energy work. Readings from the psyche and the space of synchronicity.
- Meditation practice and presence with oneself and others.
Module 4 : Therapist Training
This 2nd year of training focuses on advanced skills and a wider understanding of methodologies, assisting people in their personal and therapeutic development. Major themes and techniques will be reviewed and developed more deeply.
Theory and philosophy
- Yogic and tantric philosophy and humanistic psychology.
- Levels of consciousness. The chakras and the subtle bodies.
- Transpersonal and modern shamanism.
- Advanced Reichian work and bioenergetics analysis. Introduction to Alexander Lowen’s approach.
- In-depth study of the laws of the five elements, the meridians and their physical, psychological and energetical aspects as well as the extraordinary meridians.
- Projections and defence mechanisms.
Bodymind techniques and the client-therapist relationship
- Development of techniques encountered in the first year: acupressure, touch of presence, neo-Reichian work.
- Additional bodymind techniques: gestalt, conscious breathing, body language and regression methods.
- Further counselling techniques in bodymind therapy.
- The client-therapist relationship and the therapeutic process.
- Projection, identification, defense strategies.
- Evaluation techniques and kinesiology.
- Working with boundaries.
- Development of intuition and application of synchronicity in therapeutic situations.
- Meditation practice.
- The power of intuition. Psychic readings from the heart.
- Body- and energy work from the space of synchronicity.
- The perceptive body and mindfulness.
Themes to be explored
- Review and development of first-year themes.
- The transformational intelligence of the heart.
- Childhood trauma. Physical and psychological abuse and the path of healing.
- The seven ways to face the shadow 2.
- Working with boundaries.
- Meditation as a facilitator for therapy and a tool for personal transformation.
- The healing forces of nature and the importance of environment.
- Finding their destiny. Connecting with their deeper truth, their vision and their mission.
- Exploring the transpersonal and the shaman in us.
- Advanced work with expression, movement and voice.
Registration & Certificates
Each candidate will be asked to attend an interview and an individual session at the start of the training. A minimum of 5 individual sessions must be taken (at a reduced cost) by each student during training. Context, continuity, and support are offered to students who choose the training program for their personal growth or as professional development.
Each step of the training program is complete in itself and leads to the certificate in Bodymind Intelligence. Bodymind Intelligence is a registered trademark and can only be used after successful completion of the courses.